Tuesday 9 February 2010

Royal visit

Today the prince and princess of Asturias visited Jaca Cathedral. Apparently you could see it all on the television, but I was busy. I walked down into town past two big white helicopters in the Military Mountain School, guarded by armed soldiers, to the town centre where television crews almost outnumbered the police. At the entrance to the cathedral about a hundred chilly people watched and waited. Councillors and bodyguards (with those wiggly earpieces) walked in and out. We got colder and colder. Eventually the royal couple came out. You could see the prince because he's so much taller than almost everybody, but not the princess. They apparently shook hands greeted people; not that I saw that, I was too far back.
The bishop and others dressed in purply ecclesiastical things came out, but I don't think anyone was bothered about them (we've seen them before).

No comments:

Post a Comment