Thursday 18 March 2010

Ski Wednesday

On Wednesdays it's half price to ski in Le Somport. Since my morning was free I put the racks back on the car and drove to France. The ski resort is just across the border, and the actual slopes-well, tracks really, are both in France and in Spain. However, most of the skiers are Spanish, I think.
It hasn't been a good season; too many weekends and holidays of bad weather. Yesterday, though, was a fine day to ski in shirtsleeves and a hat to keep the sun off
Cross-country skiing is quite hard work for someone like me with hardly any technique. I watch people glide  past me effortlessly on uphill stretches and envy them, but I don't fall over often. Mainly because of going so slowly, but also from years of practice.
It was absolutely beautiful, with few people and quite nice snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment