Sunday 27 June 2010

World Cup

I'm away from home for the month. At the moment at the lovely campus of Royal Holloway University, Egham, doing preparation to direct a summer language course in Bognor. We've finished the sessions and have to wait a few hours for a coach to take us to Lewisham on the other side of London. England is playing Germany in the semi-quarter finals of the World Cup (football) and there are about 50 of us in a big bar with big TV screens. At the moment, 5 minutes after half-time, Germany is still winning 2-1. Every movement towards the goal the crowd goes wild. I don't care about football, but this is fun. I can hear the wild screams behind me from inside! In fromt of me at this pub table is the incredible sleeping beauty quadrangle Founder's Building. Great World Cup weather, hot sunshine. The latest report is 4-1. I'll cheer for Spain....

No comments:

Post a Comment