Monday 2 August 2010

Home!

By Saturday many of the students had gone home, and our office was mostly cleared into boxes. The remaining student groups had gone on a day trip to Oxford. So I was free. I got a ticket to Portsmouth, and spent a nice peaceful day walking around shops. There's a complex down by the old shipyard called Gunwharf Keys, which is a retail outlet and there are lots of restaurants too. When I was hungry I sat on a terrace in the sun in a place (chain) called The Slug and Lettuce. The above is what I ate. I don't know what it was; I was expecting a bit of bread with goat's cheese and peppers. Very nice!
Really, it was good just to mooch about in Portsmouth.
Well, on Sunday I made the long journey home; Bognor to London on the train, nearly two hours, Victoria Coach Station to Stansted, 70 minutes; I like that journey, then the fuss of baggage handover, check-in is done online now. Being first August the airport was really crowded. Waiting, boarding, flying and home!  

1 comment: