Tuesday 18 October 2011

October

It's mid-October and still quite warm. The leaves are changing colours but we don't have any spectacular views of autumn changes yet. There's a mushroom growing on my front grass; I've no idea if it's edible or not.
I gave up on the poinsettia; I couldn't keep up the discipline of  putting it in the dark and taking it out at the right times.
It's got to rain. There's a drought and the reservoirs are low. They've said for Thursday.
Last week I took a group of Japanese tourists on a little guided tour in Jaca-mostly the cathedral. They were very apreciative, and knew about Romanesque architecture, but there's an interesting cultural gap; although they could do the architectural bit, they (naturally) had little or no knowledge of the Biblical characters and stories which for most westerners form part of their background-at least that was the case in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment