Saturday 13 April 2013

Ipas

Finally a sunny spring morning, and it's Saturday. We went on a walk we'd never done before. From the hypermarket just up the road from us, we took a track which took us past the "selected waste collection centre" and a landfill site, then left the track to scramble up a steep, indistinct path. We finally arrived at a high fence which blocked our way. Then we tried another, very rough track which led us into the hamlet of Ipas. I think there are a few people living there; certainly there is livestock in the area. We saw a flock of sheep and the village street stank of animal waste. I only saw one human being (and a skinny cat). Great views. Pretty, tiny flowers. I took a picture of a field of muscaria with my phone; I left my camera at home.
View of Monte Oroel

Muscaria (grape hyacynth)

Natural rock wall


Rafael and the village chapel

We met a man with binoculars and a camera on a tripod. I think he was taking photos of red kites. We heard a woodpecker doing its stuff, but didn't see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment